Transitioning from print to online


All my fellow peers and vagabond writers, I'm hoping that you've set your mind for the biggest change of publishing platform. It is time that we equip ourself to touch with readers through online platforms such as blogs, wikis, ezines, and things like that. Most of the readers are looking for books in digital form for the benefit of saving time and being more efficient. 

In most cases, it is better to adopt a thing which will rule tomorrow. I have recently received a novel in digital form to review. It's my first novel review in the digital form. However, I chose to do it. It's been an interesting experience. There are not many novel reviews of digital novels. But I'm sure the trend will take a sharp shift and become a day to day thing.

In another instance, I've seen thousands of traditional media shifting to online and digital space for the paucity of funds and vying for readers in the online space. In the last couple of years, readership has taken a downward shift only because most magazines and newspapers were not able to timely move to digital form. Players like Google, Yahoo and bloggers stole the game with their early move and capability to deliver content faster than traditional media giants. 

Believe me the survival will be only in the mixed environment, while a healthy source of reaching out to people will be digital. It's faster, easier and cheaper way. 

Comments