Public Relations guys nag you too much

In my journalistic profession, I have to deal with a lot of PR guys. They are good and help me do a number of stories. However, the problem is that we end up getting their point too much. It pains me. Even if I have often decided not to entertain them, it barely works. They are good at catching us at one point or the other. 

They often want us to do interviews of their customers. Most of the proposed interviews are dumb interviews which have no basis. We understand that their business is at stake. So is ours as our content quality will suffer if we will carry those interviews in the media we have. My request to the PR guys is that they should not force us to do mindless interviews. We are good at finding the good ones ourself. Leave it to us. It is our job.


In addition, they are too panicky about the press releases they share with us. Good. But we will carry only the good ones. Each press release is not a good one. 

In nutshell, I do not decry the PR community. In fact it has helped us to do our job more professionally, saving our time. But it would be good if they do not breach the boundaries and teach us what is good or bad.

Comments